Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent Calendar - Christmas Cards

This is my beautiful golden retriever, Pete, who died in January at the age of 11 years.  My favorite Christmas card was one with this photo on it.  I remember taking the photo in early fall of that year, and what a good sport Pete was about wearing the silly hat and collar.   
No matter who or what is on the front of your Christmas card, be it the family pet, kids in matching sweaters, or a Hallmark card, it's a way of letting people know you're thinking about them during the holidays.   I send cards to those who mean something to me, even if they don't send one in return.
A quote from John Greenleaf Whittier sums it up nicely:  "A little smile, a word of cheer, a bit of love from someone near, a little gift from one held dear.  Best wishes for the coming year...These make a Merry Christmas."  

No comments:

Post a Comment