Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Birthdays

My birthday is coming up, which always make me nostalgic for the "good old days" when parents and grandparents made a big deal out of your birthday.  My grandmother would always bake me one of my two favorite cakes, strawberry or angel food (not from a box mix), frosted with that sugary/gritty 7 Minute Frosting which is still my favorite to this day.

I thought I'd share a few of my birthday party snaps.  Don't laugh, you know you have these same photos.

My favorite, taken with my Grandpa Robertson:


I wish I was this skinny again:


You can see the theme here:  the decorations are those crunchy sugar things you get at the store:


I think I was trying to look sweet so I would get more presents:


Same year, with my Uncle Charlie sneaking into the picture:



Birthdays don't have the same glow any more, but it's fun to pull out the old photos and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment