Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hello, Cousin Mike!

I received a lovely email yesterday from a long-lost cousin in California.   His mother and my grandmother were sisters.  Both have passed away, and our families unfortunately lost touch, as often happens.  Mike found me through this blog while searching for another sister of his mother and my grandmother.  Unfortunately, Aunt Helen had also passed away, but as luck would have it, I had posted a short blog entry about her on the one year anniversary of her death last year.  Mike was in town several years ago for his mother's funeral, but we didn't have time to exchange addresses and phone numbers.  I was thrilled to hear from him, and hope we can keep the connection alive!

Oh, and Mike and his family are part of the group peaking out from the top on my background picture on my main blog screen.     

No comments:

Post a Comment