Thursday, January 17, 2013

DNA Testing

I had hoped to get my 23andMe results back this week, but apparently a drop in price = increased demand, so the results are delayed by a month.  In the meantime, I'll be reading  up on how DNA testing works, what the results will mean, and how best to utilize the results in my genealogy research.  I've seen a lot of genealogy blog posts on this same topic, but I'm going to stick with the experts and review the resource material on the various scientific websites, 23andMe site, and information from genealogists who specialize in DNA test results.  Also, I need to understand why everyone is bagging on Ancestry.com DNA testing.  I've been able to locate several relatively close cousins so I don't think it's the bust that everyone thinks it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment