Thursday, February 23, 2012

Family Tree University - Virtual Conference

I love genealogy conferences.  Unfortunately, I couldn't make Roots Tech, and as far as I know there isn't anything local (Kansas City area) until October.  My other option this year appears to be attending "virtual" conferences or webinars.
I received this month's Family Tree Magazine today, and noticed several reminders for the upcoming Family Tree University Virtual Conference March 9 - 11.   The schedule looks great, with sessions on such topics as Evernote, iPad genealogy, newspaper research, guardianship records, and Civil War pension files.  However, I'm balking a little bit at the cost of the conference:  $199 (with a 20% off coupon bringing the total down to $160).  I think it's a little pricey for a virtual conference, and will probably stick with free webinars this year, or some low-cost webinars on similar topics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment