Saturday, January 21, 2012

DAR Workshop

I was a history major in college, with a special interest in the American Revolution and political science.  As a result, one of my genealogy goals has always been to join the Daughters of the American Revolution.  Ten years after I picked up the family history research where my mother and grandfather left  off, that goal remains unfulfilled.
One of my goals for 2012 is to successfully complete the DAR application process, and I took a major step forward today by attending a workshop hosted by several local DAR chapters.  I brought along my worksheet and all the documents I thought could be used as proof.  As it turns out, I still have some homework to do, but am looking forward to completing the process and becoming a DAR member.
I'm really interested in DAR as an organization that promotes patriotism, the preservation of American history, and especially the out-reach to today's youth regarding what it means to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment